Sunday, January 11, 2009

So, how is everyone doing? You should have just finished week 1 and I hope that you enjoyed it. Christine and I just began week three and I must say that we are really enjoying the change. I have been a cardio fanatic forever and the shift to a total body workout has been a very welcome change. Although our goal is not to lose weight, I do feel as though I am becoming a little stronger and gaining a little definition.

The workout for week two is identical to week one but you get 15 seconds less rest between sets. For example, on day 1 you will still do your warmup but when you get to the core workout - you will get 45 seconds of rest between each set, not 1 minute. I know that it does not sound like a lot but it makes a huge difference. Also, if you can,  try and increase the weight that you are lifting. If you are using 10 lb weights, try and do 12. If you are using 12 lbs, try for 15. If this is too large of a jump, stick with the same weights but no more than 45 seconds of rest!

Enjoy week 2 and please send any comments or questions that you might have.

Karen and Christine


1 comment:

  1. Thanks guys! P.S. Burpees may be the hardest thing EVER!

    ReplyDelete